Cristiano Ronaldo rape lawsuit moved to federal courtroom, says Mayorga lawyer The girl accusing Cristiano Ronaldo of raping Football AFC Transfers her has shifted the venue on Football XLIF Transfers her behalf legal charges against the football superstar, dropping her case in Nevada state court but filing identical charges in federal court, according to her attorney. Several news media outlets reported early Wednesday that the charges filed by Kathryn Mayorga, who alleges that Ronaldo raped her in ’09 2009, had been “quietly dropped,” implying that the case was over. But Larissa Drohobyczer, who is among Mayorga’s attorneys, told ESPN that the alter of venue was just a response to the difficulty that the lawyers experienced in serving Ronaldo, who lives in Italy, with notice of the condition lawsuit. “The charges weren’t dropped,” Drohobyczer told ESPN. “The state case was dismissed by us because we filed the identical claims in federal courtroom due to federal court’s Football EFLI Transfers rules on serving foreigners. We basically just switched venues, however the claims remain.” A source said Ronaldo’s agency, Gestifute, was not aware that the condition case was dropped. Mayorga says Ronaldo raped her during an encounter in a hotel penthouse suite then paid her $375,000 to keep quiet about it. This past year, Mayorga filed a lawsuit saying the prior settlement was invalid and that Ronaldo violated its conditions anyway. Ronaldo’s Las Vegas-based lawyer, Peter Christiansen, didn’t return a note seeking touch upon Wednesday. Ronaldo offers previously denied the allegations against him. Las Vegas police are also investigating potential criminal costs against Ronaldo, and that investigation continues to be open.